Assistant Human Resources Manager
Job Title: Assistant Manager - Human Resources
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
- Responsible for the co-ordination of HR practices including recruitment; work health and safety and employee relations to ensure motivated and competent colleagues across the hotel.
- Provides advice on colleague related HR matters to managers including Award interpretation.
- Lead hotel Work Health & Safety and act as Return To Work Coordinator as per Work Health & Safety Act 2009.
- Schedule and conduct interviews ensuring the interviewing process is completed including pre-employment practices - reference checking for all service manager positions; and assist the Recruitment Officer for Service Associates and Service Leaders positions whenever required.
- Assist with the on-boarding and orientation of all new starters.
- Compose employment advertisements with appropriate media in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources.
- Assist with conducting Training programs, eg Orientation, Shangri-La Care, Shangri-La Emerging Leaders Program when requested.
Experiences and skills required:
- Excellent communication skills in reading and writing English
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Hospitality and/or Human Resources
- Accredited Return to Work Co-ordinator
- Computer literacy - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and Internet.
- Recruitment exposure at all levels including use of web based recruitment applications.
- Knowledge of Hotel environment