About the Hotel
The Langham, Sydney is the city's most exclusive harbourside address nestled in the city's Rocks district, The Langham, Sydney boasts the largest guestrooms in Sydney, including opening windows and balconies. Guests enjoy sweeping western harbour views, and a tranquil yet convenient proximity to some of Sydney's most iconic experiences. The Langham, Sydney invites our guests to experience elegance redefined at Sydney's ultimate hotel experience of unsurpassed elegance and opulence.
We are recognised for our:
- Outstanding five-star luxury hotel accommodation
- Residential-style event spaces
- One-of-a-kind and sought after dining experiences
- Sydney's most renowned Day Spa
- Excellent leisure facilities, including a fully-equipped Health Club, swimming pool, Jacuzzi and steam rooms
Learn more at http://sydney.langhamhotels.com.au/
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Sales & marketing, you will assist the Event Sales team with administrative tasks. You will liaise with event guests, ensuring they have a point of contact for all requests.You will support the team in updating and maintaining the social media sites and content, liaising with external agencies.
Duty & Responsibilities
Your duties will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for PR and marketing event guests
- Providing a warm welcome to daily event guests and confirming their needs for the day
- Liaising with event guests throughout the day to ensure their needs are met
- Providing direct connection between all hotels services, especially F&B/Event Operations and event guests
- Assisting event guests with tasks such as photocopying, name badges, etc.
- Assisting the Events Admin/Coordination team and Sales team with administrative support as required, this may include printing menus/place cards/etc, collating brochures, compiling and distribution of reports
- Replying to initial information requests for incoming wedding enquiries via hotel website.
- Create a positive Hotel Image ensuring meeting room presentation standards are impeccable and in accordance with Hotel Policy and guidelines
- Ensure efficient arrival and departure assistance to event guests. Coordinate any event guest equipment, deliveries or courier arrivals
- Assist with registration desk set up and event attendee arrival
- Maintain strong presence in the meeting room area and offer assistance and directions when needed
- Provide site inspections and tours of hotel for prospective clients and guests
- Manage special requests made by event guests during, and after their stay
- Greet event organisers and guests, reconfirming all details of their event
- Respond to general function enquiries and follow up on sales & marketing referrals, identifying client needs and following up on all client requests. Prepare and distribute brochures and information folders.
- Complete general office administration duties
Skills & Experience
Your skills and experience will include:
- Previous experience in a similar role will be highly regarded
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service
- Possess a high standard of grooming and personal presentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Opera
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Attention to detail, flexible and reliable
- Experience in following Policies & Procedures
In return for your bespoke service to our guests and dedication to the hotel, we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Great development opportunities
- Staff meals
- Discounts on dining and accommodation
- Complimentary nights at our overseas hotels
If you want to work in an exciting environment, with an engaged team that is committed to 'Knowing Our Guests, Building Great Memories',
CLICK APPLY NOW!
Please note, in line with our environmental policy, we accept on line applications only.