Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle is a magnet for tourists, holiday makers, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from around the world.
The Beach Club Hotel is one of Hamilton Island’s boutique and exclusive properties, situated on the famous Catseye Beach of Hamilton Island. Offering guests a private and intimate holiday experience with exceptional service, it features a Club Lounge and Bar, Pool, VIP buggy chauffeur, Private Beach and a Fine Dining Restaurant, all for the exclusive use of its guests.
Beach Club is currently seeking a well experienced Executive Housekeeper to run the Housekeeping department.
As an Executive Housekeeper you will be leading your team and bring the Customer Service provided your team to a higher level. You will also thrive and ensure the high standards of organisation and presentation of guest rooms, outdoor areas, public and service areas is delivered.
About The Role
- Provide direction to all housekeeping employees to ensure standards are maintained
- Liaise with Front Office and Maintenance to ensure rooms are complete for all guests
- Ensure ongoing maintenance programs are effective
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to ensure hotel standards of guest service and cleanliness are maintained
- Attend to major operational problems and needs promptly including customer complaints, enquiries and requests.
- Implement training initiatives
- Prepare employees rosters and manage wage costs in line with forecast and budget expectations
- Maintain cost control, ordering and receiving systems for cleaning, linen and supplies inventory
- Assist with the recruitment, training and performance evaluations of employees in accordance with company policies, standards of excellence and values
- Report and coordinate any damage or repairs needed to maintenance, and ensure that vehicles are clean and maintained
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in a similar in a Luxury Hotel
- Be passionate to deliver a premium customer service
- Proven staff management skills including rostering, motivation, training and discipline
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- A positive attitude and eagerness to take over challenge
- A current unrestricted drivers licence (essential)
- CPR and First Aid Certificate (preferred)
- Full rights to work in Australia
Culture and Benefits
- Largest inhabited island in the Whitsundays located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Explore a range of work opportunities through our multi-hire program - pick up extra shifts in other outlets/departments
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Gain a qualification whilst working through the Robert Oatley College on island.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Close-knit social environment and work culture
- Walk to work - forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
To apply, click the Apply button or visit www.hamiltonisland.com.au/careers